
Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.
And...it's finally begun...the encounters that go something like this: I run into a coworker in the ladies room. She looks at my belly and says "Wow, it's almost baby time!". Then asks when I'm due. I say December and she says "oh...uh...um...I guess you do have a little ways to go." Then scurries into a bathroom stall. hehe
This doesn't bother me at all. I have heard stories from other pregnant friends that were angry, hurt, embarrassed over someone thinking they were farther along than they really are. I wondered how I'd feel when/if anyone made those comments to me.
I actually feel really happy that I have a big, healthy baby growing in me. I do feel fat some days, but overall I am pleased with our progress. As my dad has been saying, he thinks there's a big boy in there! lol
No comments:
Post a Comment