Have you checked out my baby ticker recently? We have less than 100 days to go until baby arrives!!! :-)
Despite getting huge, officially outgrowing my non-maternity tops, and dealing with more backaches these days, the real fun is about to begin.
This weekend, I'm going home to Cali with my mom for my first baby shower. My wonderful best friend Sarah and her mom Donna are throwing it for me. I am so excited to have fun with all of the fabulous ladies back in CA that I love and miss so much. I can't wait to see my grandma (who is not online and hasn't seen a recent picture of me) and surprise her with my giant belly. :-)
I would just like to ask for prayer for this weekend...safety on the road since we are driving 6 hours back and forth. And peace of mind for me...I'm a little nervous about being so far away from my safety zone of my doctors and a hospital I know and trust. I did get two thumbs up from my OB to make this trip so hopefully everything will be okay.
Next Tuesday I have my monthly check-up and my gestational diabetes test. This isn't fun, but for me it's just another milestone, which I'm excited about. I'll be starting my third trimester soon and I am so thankful we've made it this far already. Please say a prayer that I pass my test. :-)
After my test on Tuesday, I really do get to have some real fun. I'm going to pick out cloth diapers!! I was so blessed to have a good friend here who is a lot like me when it comes to things like breastfeeding and cloth diapers. She had a baby almost 2 years ago and gave me an awesome referral for the diapers. I have an actual consultation with a lady who sells every type of cloth diaper imaginable. She goes over all the info, you get to see and touch and even practice diapering a baby doll with the different options. I can't wait to finally see what will work the best and order our diapers. This will be our first big purchase for the baby. :-)
Next, we need to buy a crib and start getting the nursery ready!
2 comments:
Lol. It cracks me up that the name of your blog keeps changing! ;)
Anyway, good luck on your GD test. It's not fun (at all), but I'll definitely be praying for you!
Have fun in California! I remember flying to California when pregnant with Sarah. Long trip!
Happy 3rd trimester! :)
I am waiting on the edge of my seat for your visit with the cloth diaper consultant!!! I have to figure out what I'M going to do.
Post a Comment