Thursday, December 3, 2009

Holiday Belly

Months ago, I vowed not to do any Christmas decorating this year. I just didn't believe for one minute that, at 9 months pregnant, I'd be up for it. On Thanksgiving, I changed my mind after seeing all of the festive decorations pop up in our neighborhood.

I LOVE white, twinkly Christmas lights. So I decided to get a cute 3 foot, pre-lit tree at Wal-Mart, hang our stockings, some garland, and a few candles and called it a day.



Not much, but at least it feels like Christmas here :)



Here we are at 36 weeks! We only have 20 days to go and I am very eager for this baby to be out of my belly and in my arms!



The last few weeks are definitely the hardest. It doesn't look like I am growing OUT a whole lot...probably because this baby seems to be growing up and hanging out under my ribcage quite a lot these days. It feels like she/he is taking up every available space and no matter what I do, I constantly feel the jab of little knees, head, tushy, etc.

Just for laughs, here is a comic strip I made for my grandma. Growing a Baby...it's amazing how far a belly can stretch! :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That absolutely has to be the CUTEST baby belly I have EVER seen! :) ~Lanie

Karen Butterworth said...

I love the progression strip! Too cute!