Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine's Day and other news

We had such a sweet Valentine's Day. First, all three of us spent most of the morning cuddled in bed. So nice! Connor especially enjoyed kicking his daddy in the arms and face...



We took Connor out for brunch and he behaved like a perfect angel. Hmmm, maybe going out with a baby isn't as terrifying as we thought! Later that day, my mom babysat and gave us a gift card to go enjoy Olive Garden. Our first real date since Connor was born! Later that evening, all three of us watched a movie together and cuddled on the couch, then off to bed where Connor the angel slept 6 1/2 hours straight. What a perfect day! :)


He makes the funniest faces! :) I think he likes this outfit--and so does daddy

In other news, we've made it official: I'm to be a full-time, stay-at-home mommy!

This was a decision left hanging over me since before Connor was born. It has kept me awake at night while my angel baby slept 6 hours and I should have been sleeping too. It has made me feel so uncertain about the future. Although it will be hard on us financially, we feel great peace about the direction God has chosen for us.

Connor made his first trip to Food for the Hungry yesterday and very quickly won the hearts of every woman there. :) He's a charmer already! It's the red hair you know. :) We were so busy visiting and making the rounds through the entire building, I never got around to taking any pictures. But to satisfy the grandparents' picture-fix, here are a couple cute pictures I took when we got home last night that just melt my heart:



The two handsomest guys in the world!! :)

1 comment:

Karen Butterworth said...

Real date?? What's that? ;)

Seriously, glad you had a good day--love the pics!