Number of job possibilities for Nick: 4
Number of interviews: 1
Number of teeth Connor has cut: 1
Number of times I've chased down a speed crawler: about 1,000
Number of times living room was rearranged to create a safe play area for Connor: 4
Number of baby gates purchased: 3
Number of ants invading my living room: 45,892
Number of trips to the vet for Mudpie: 2
Number of glasses of iced coffee I drink to get through the day: 1, sometimes 2
Number of new foods Connor has tried: at least 5
Number of times Connor has tried to grab and eat our grown-up food: 800
Number of hours Connor has slept each night: 11 (WOO-HOO!)
Number of full nights' sleep (so far): 5
Number in my bank account: you don't want to know
Number of prayers sent out: 1 million
Number of tears shed over current jobless situation: 2 million
I admit to having been totally unmotivated to blog. I've been exhausted chasing Connor down all day, every day, dealing with sick pets and trying to get back on a routine. Life feels so hard. I had to find some order, get some control, to feel a little better.
Now, my living room is arranged in a big square with 2 baby gates to keep Connor in. I can finally relax a bit! After battling for months, Connor suddenly decided to sleep all night. He started crawling, then cut a tooth, then started eating pasta, then slept all night long. :) I cannot tell you how badly I hope this will continue! Getting a full night of sleep is amazing.
I haven't gotten a good picture of the tooth yet. It isn't all the way in, just a white tip, but it is so cute. Connor is always rubbing it with his tongue. I can imagine he is wondering what on earth is this thing in my mouth?
Connor is eating a lot, in addition to all of the vegetables and fruits he loves. Breads, pastas, oatmeal, egg yolks, some cheeses, lentils. We even ground up some chicken enchiladas for him. Mostly chicken, but a dab of beans, olives, and sauce too. He gobbled it down! As long as it's healthy and has no sugar or junk in it, he's been trying it and so far everything is good. The kid loves everything and hasn't had one bit of sensitivity to any food. You should have seen him climbing into Nick's lap and trying to steal a piece of pizza last night! ;)
With more sleep, a better schedule and a safer house for the baby, I'm feeling somewhat better. Nick and I need to decide what to do about our house though. We may have to put it up for sale, so please pray for us. We won't last another month unless Nick gets a job.
I haven't taken many pictures lately, but last night I had fun doing a bath time photo shoot. Connor's favorite thing is water. He loves bath time so much, he will sometimes take 2 baths a day if lunch is especially messy.
He has so much fun splashing!
The turtle is his favorite bath toy
He is pulling up on everything, but has the most determination in the bath tub. Oddly, when he slips in the tub, he never cries. He's fearless in the water I think!
I have no idea why the water looks yellowish in this pic! It's not pee!! :P
Where's my rubber ducky?
Connor will stay in the bath as long as we let him. I found the best way to dry his hair, clean his ears, etc. afterwards is to put him in the sink. He loves to look at himself in the mirror. :)
Our bedtime routine now consists of us chasing down a naked baby and wrangling him into his pajamas.
Luckily, we found that he is obsessed with his hair brush and as long as he can play with it, he'll lay still for his diaper and pajamas. Thank God! :)















1 comment:
(((HUGS))). I so completely understand! I'll email more later (have school to get through first--I'm reading this while Sarah finishes her writing assignment), but I do get the prayers and tears and worry and fears and not feeling like doing much of anything. Hang in there--I'm still praying that our "ridiculous miracle" happens soon!
Post a Comment