Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Homemade oatmeal face scrub

I've only tried this once and seeing as how I'm not exactly old and wrinkly yet, I can't say how well it works. :) BUT, it was easy and smells yummy. I don't know that it's a real money saver. Pure maple syrup is expensive so I don't plan on doing this again too often. However, I know many of us dislike putting things on our skin that aren't pure/organic. Yet I still have a hard time forking over the money for organic skin products. Every once in awhile, I come across a recipe like this in a health magazine and some are worth trying.

I still make Connor porridge by grinding oatmeal, so I already had that on hand!

You simply mix 3 TB of oatmeal that is ground to a powder with 1 TB pure maple syrup and 1 TB warm milk. Massage this oatmeal-cookie-smelling concoction onto your face and neck. You can leave it on for up to 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.

According to the recipe, this helps with fine lines. Maple syrup is the key ingredient...apparently it's an anti-ager inside and out! :)

No comments: