Goodness...I am 36 weeks pregnant. Can't believe I am still pregnant! In between all the aches and pains and clothes not fitting, things are going pretty well.
I blog all the time about the twins but not enough about Connor and how much he is growing and all the things he's doing. He's almost 3 1/2 years old!! Holy cow! HE reads whole books to ME!
Connor is being such a big boy, such a sweet little man. I am so thankful for him! He's smart and compassionate and affectionate and sweet. He has such a zest for life and is such a ray of sunshine around here! Although his energy and rambunctiousness can be exhausting, he brings us endless entertainment and amusement too.
We've had quite a few snow days here and a lot of cold weather. So we've resorted to many a lunch date at McDonald's to allow Connor to run and climb and play and get worn out for a nap. :) It's been fascinating to watch him interact with other kids. He's not bossy, but other kids just gravitate to him. Even older kids always want to play with him. He makes friends so easily and is so charismatic. It's just amazing to watch.
Our doctors office (whom we see once a week these days) continues to fawn over Connor as though Tom Cruise entered the building. It's very funny. He walks in, and all the ladies--nurses, administrative workers, receptionists---come out to see him. They adore him. Another interesting thing to stand back and observe. That's just Connor being Connor. People love him. It makes us all wonder what Connor will grow up to be one day!
Being 3 years old, he has his moments of stubbornness, his tantrums, his days of frustration. But for the most part, this is a really great age for me to have him. He understands so much more, and I love the funny things he says. We've really enjoyed the freedom that my scooter has given us and we venture out on little excursions when I feel up to it. One day, we went quite far and ended up shopping at Walmart then going for lunch at Sonic. It was a great day!
I'm treasuring my moments with Connor since I never know when our last day together will be...his last day having me all to himself and my last day giving him all my attention. It's hard, I'll admit. Being in pain and so sleep deprived and so limited on where we can go and what we can do is mighty frustrating. But we do our best and I'm soaking up everything about him at this moment. I love his infectious smile, his angel blue eyes and that freckled nose. I can't get enough of his cuteness.
I love the things he says; he's so funny! One day though, he blew me away with a bit of wisdom. We were eating dinner and he saw Josie coming down the hall towards us. Connor said "Mommy, there's Josie! I need to talk to her!". I jokingly asked what he needed to talk to her about. "Are you going to find out if Josie knows the meaning of life?" I asked him. Connor gave me this totally quizzical look and replied "No Mommy, I know the meaning of life. The meaning of life is to just love!".
Wow...I think you're right Connor. What a sweetheart he is!!
Blogger has been giving me a hard time about uploading any photos, hence the lack of them on this post. Good thing I post a ton on facebook! ;)
We can't wait to see Connor as a big brother soon. We think he's going to be pretty fantastic! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment