Monday, October 7, 2013

Rolling, Creeping, Almost Crawling?

Wow, it's been almost a month since I last blogged. It's hard to know what to write about sometimes because, on one hand there seems to be a ton of stuff going on here. But on the other hand, everything has to do with the kids and family and sometimes I feel like those stories get boring. Oh well.

I thought I'd make an update about the twins. They've been rolling very well for awhile now. Mostly front to back, but for the last couple of weeks they roll back to front, then back again. They will roll all the way across the room. They roll on top of each other. It's cute and funny and even impressive. But although they spend nearly all their play time practicing their new skills, they still do it in bed. Every nap. Every night. It's been a rough two weeks let me tell ya! Felicity especially hates waking up on her tummy and will scream every time it happens. Every 2 minutes sometimes for 2 hours at night.






I'm still trying to patiently wait out this new stage. I had to mostly unswaddle the girls so they could use their hands and arms to support themselves when they roll over in bed. That's been interesting! They hate the swaddle, yet falling asleep unswaddled is still a challenge. Sigh...

Aside from that, things are good. They're talking a LOT. Baby babble of course, not words...they aren't quite that advanced. ;) I did get a giggle out of announcing to Nick that Ruby's first word is Mama, not Dada. :) Yeah, she likes to just lay there and say "mamamamamamama". :)

They creep, Felicity sort of does this Army crawl. Basically, they're becoming a bit mobile. I have found them halfway under the couch and coffee table. Felicity is a huntress...she sees a toy she wants, goes after it and pounces. Cat-like!

 
Trying to look innocent?

Connor is finally really enjoying the outdoors again now that the weather has cooled off a bit. Meaning it's "only" in the 80s! :)


We go to lots of different parks here too. San Antonio has some wonderful parks!! More on that later...the babies are awake and I have to run. Hopefully I'll get back to blogging though. These kids grow up so quickly!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Your girls look so happy in these pictures. It makes me smile just seeing them!

Karen Butterworth said...

I love looking at the pictures and hearing about all their antics! And my girls got a huge kicks out of these pics too--Natalie especially squealed with delight. :)