Our twins are 6 months old! We survived a half a year with twins, whew! :)
Felicity and Ruby haven't had their 6 month well baby visit yet, so we aren't sure of their weight and height right now. We can't tell much of a difference these days though. They both wear size 6 months clothing and feel and look about the same to us.
They're both still fascinated with big brother Connor and Connor enjoys holding them and wants to take lots of pictures with them lately. He's a very good sport about getting grabbed at by little baby hands. :)
They are good little models for me and I (obviously) love taking pictures of them.
Once in awhile we carry them around at the same time. Usually when both wake up and are whining to get out of the crib. They sure are heavy! Especially for me. I had to get a picture of me holding them both because I honestly don't know how much longer I'll be able to do this. :)
They sure love their daddy!
Felicity is just hilarious. She's very curious and active, always going after a toy or Ruby or me and the camera. She's not content to sit and gaze around; she likes to be on the move! She's a very happy girl now that she's mobile and can get herself where she wants to go. She's happy and fun-loving, she adores her daddy and absolutely BEAMS when she sees him walk in the door from work each day. Felicity loves being tickled and bounced and played with. If I had to guess, she'll be something of a tomboy one day. :)
Felicity loves faces and loves grabbing at her dad's beard. She's not much into snuggling but adores being kissed and hugged. She will giggle if you kiss her cheeks.
Ruby is my snuggle baby. She's content to be held close and look around from the safety of mama's arms. She is a mama's girl too, big time. If anyone else holds her, she cries. This is even true with her daddy at times. I'm not sure if this is just a stage but I sure love having a snuggle baby!
Ruby is still our little princess. She squeals and giggles. She dances and breaks out into the biggest grin when she sees us. I can always get her to smile for the camera so easily.
Ruby is starting to get more mobile, but she'll often just get herself over to one toy or book and then be content to play calmly for awhile. She is very social though and is happiest when you talk with her. Ruby adores Connor and gets so excited when he takes the time to talk to her and play. She's a sweet girl who charms everyone with her huge, long lashed brown eyes.
This is a fun stage of babyhood, that's for sure. Felicity and Ruby seem to be teething, if all the drool and chewing is any indication. No teeth yet though. Trying solid foods so far has been something of a fail. We took a break and will try again soon. Both girls are still sleeping well at night, a good 10-12 hour stretch.
They sure seem to love each other. Since they're always together and do everything together, I have days where I just sort of forget that they're twins. They get along well, in baby terms anyway. I've heard from other twin parents that their babies will scream and cry if they are near each other at all. I find that funny yet a little scary, I must admit. I can't even imagine my girls not liking each other.
One thing they haven't started doing yet is talking to each other. They aren't super talkative in general yet. Ruby is sometimes and they both have occasional bursts of baby babble, but overall they're pretty quiet.
We were in the van going to the zoo one day and it was eerily quiet. I looked in the review mirror and Connor was awake. I asked if the babies were asleep and he said no. Nick peered around and saw that all 3 kids were just quietly gazing out the windows. I remarked to him that it's pretty weird to have a van full of little ones and have it be totally silent and no one is sleeping! That's not always the case but they do seem to enjoy car rides and looking out the window.
I'm so thankful for their good health as well. 6 months old and so far, no illness, no ear infections, no nothing! Now hopefully I haven't just jinxed myself by writing that. :)
Soon I hope to be reporting on some success with eating solids and having some new shiny teeth coming in...

















No comments:
Post a Comment