Wednesday, July 8, 2009

And Baby makes...6!!

This is old news to most of you by now, but it still deserves an official announcement on the blog. We're having a baby!! Our little family of 5 will finally be getting a new HUMAN addition. :-)

Our adventure began in April...



A positive pregnancy test on 4/13/09 (a late birthday present for Nick!) :-) WOO-HOO!!


Our first ultrasound at 7 weeks



Baby B on May 27th :-)



Most recent ultrasound, Baby B on June 3rd

Today we are exactly 15 weeks pregnant! I won't have another ultrasound until the "big" one on August 3rd. By then, Baby B will look much more like a baby and we should have some cute pictures to share. :-)

I'm feeling pretty good these days now that we're in the 2nd trimester, and the belly has started to grow! We'll be taking our first belly shot tonight and I'll be sure to share the progression as we continue to grow.

According to our book, the baby is making his/her way down the produce aisle and is the size of a different fruit each week (until we hot 5 months and then it's a different fruit every month). This week Baby is a naval orange!

So far, Baby B seems to be doing great. At each ultrasound he/she has been measuring on track for growth and the heartbeat has been really strong and "great" according to my doctor. :-) We're excited for next month's appointment so we can see how things have progressed. Please keep us in prayer for a healthy baby, and a healthy mommy too. :-) Thanks!

2 comments:

Lauri Dilbeck said...

Yippie Skippy! I'm super excited for you guys. So glad you're keeping us up to date on the progress. Glad you're feeling OK, Tara. I worry about you!

It will be worth every ache and pain, though, believe me!

Tana said...

I'm so glad for you! Congratulations!