Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Valentines

I know many people don't "do" Valentine's Day. Show the love every day, right? I have to admit that I enjoy the holidays where you get to make things a tad extra special. We say "I Love You" and give just as many hugs and kisses on Valentine's Day as any other day. But we also have fun picking out a special chocolate treat to hide in Daddy's lunch box, wearing red, and making fun meals. Connor had such a good time telling everyone we saw that day "Happy Valentine's Day!".

We had strawberries at breakfast...


And sprinkle-covered chocolate donut holes as a treat too...

Our favorite coffee shop, Dutch Bros, had a day of love. We donated canned food and as a gift, we got $1 smoothies. Connor cheered up the baristas with his festive red shirt, smiles and Valentine greetings.



We also got free I Love Dutch Bros bracelets, which Connor really loved. 

We made Daddy his favorite lunch, and sneaked a few chocolate hearts into his bag. Connor also picked out a teddy bear and some Hershey's kisses to leave on his desk as a surprise. Connor was so excited to give Nick his gift, the best part of the day was when Nick finally got home from work. Connor flung himself into his daddy's arms, giving him lots of hugs and kisses and "I love yous" and "Happy Valentine's Day Daddy!!". He then ran into Nick's office and grabbed the gifts, and ran back to bring them to Nick. " I got a surprise for you Daddy!!". You can tell it made Nick really happy to receive such love. It was adorable to see how excited Connor was to give gifts.

It really was a low-key day, but small things made it special and that meant so much to Connor. In fact, 2 days later he's still saying "Happy Valentine's Day!" because he enjoyed it so much. :)


I'm so blessed to have TWO handsome Valentine's this year. My little man---such a sweetheart!

Today was special in another way: we hit the 25 week mark of pregnancy! As of now, I've gained 10 pounds and the girls each weigh close to 2 pounds each.


The girls are also nearly 14 inches long and had grown quite a bit just in the last 2 weeks. They started out in the 15-25 percentile range when we began monitoring their growth. They are now in the 47th percentile, which makes me feel good. They were also the exact same size this week, which is good news for Baby A who has always been slightly smaller than her sister.

My cervix is still long and closed and high and all the things the doctors want to see. Meaning---no signs of preterm labor! No bed rest! At least not yet. :) We just keep trucking along and praying all continues to stay this way until the next appointment. I am THRILLED that we've proven the doctors wrong so far. They really thought I'd be on strict bed rest by 24 weeks.

I feel pretty good right now. My physical therapy is helping so much, and the fact that my mom will be here next weekend has kept my spirits up and given me some hope. I am so excited to see both of my parents in just a week!

What a great Valentine's Day we had this year. I feel so blessed!


No comments: