Just two weeks ago, we were practically packing our bags to head off to Texas. Then the Army said no, not yet. Summer time instead...the perfect time of year to move in the heat and humidity! ;)
I thought I'd have two little cowgirls being born in San Antonio, but we'll remain here after all and welcome our twins in Colorado. We had a great deal of initial disappointment. We were excited to be in Texas, looking forward to just getting there and starting life. I needed to see a new doctor, see the hospital where I'd be delivering. Yet we also faced the reality of living in a hotel for 3 months while getting through the last stages of a twin pregnancy, giving birth, etc. It was a bit stressful but I said "Okay God, let's do this!".
God had other plans. Yes, they are God's plans and not the Army's. My God knows what is best, nothing that happens to us does not happen without first passing through the hands of God.
I'll stay here with an OB that I love and trust. I know where my babies will be born--in a hospital I've stayed at twice now and feel very comfortable at. I'll remain with my physical therapist and we'll look forward to my mom being here to help. We'll get through this, have our babies and then go on to Texas. I know in my heart that the Lord has a future for us there. I am fine with biding my time growing babies and dreaming about Texas.
My friend Dawn lives in the rural countryside right on the outskirts of San Antonio. As soon as I told her that our plans had been delayed by a few months, she was encouraged. Because she and her husband had discussed having us live on a portion of their acreage. We now have time to actually make such a plan happen! God is so good. We don't know how this will happen exactly, but we have the very real hope of living in the safe countryside, enjoying the beauty that I daydream about so often, much sooner than we had ever imagined.
There are so many positives to God's change in plans. Keeping our focus on the blessings, rather than the disappointment, makes this all much easier. God is good: all the time!
One day my little cowboy and cowgirls will have a good life in Texas. We'll get us some hats and boots and horseback riding lessons. :) What an adventure awaits us!
For now, I'll just keep cookin' these babies and wait to see what God does next.



1 comment:
Amen! God is good, ALL the time!
I Love your heart. You are an encouragement to me.
XO
Christi_berrymomma
Post a Comment