Oh my goodness! I am in love! This is the most amazing market I have ever been in. I wandered around for the longest time, as excited as a kid in a toy store. Not only did I find my free range chicken, but I got everything else I needed for some meals this week and I felt SO good that all of the items I bought were organic.
Whole Foods isn't really that expensive. I guess some things are, but in comparison to my farmer's market it was pretty comparable. What I liked immediately was the fact that all the produce was organic. All of it. So I didn't have the temptation of buying the conventional fruit just to save $.50.
One of my favorite things was the huge seafood section and huge meat/poultry section. Everything was purchased from the butcher and everything was all natural. They also had salad bars and soup bars for each section. Now I know Nick and I can pop in there anytime and I can go get myself a seafood salad while he heads over to the chicken area. :) They also had a tapas bar, a wine bar, a coffee bar, a create-your-own trail mix station, a regular salad bar, an olive bar, a big station where they smoke their own brisket/barbecue stuff. Yummy!!! It was like Food Disneyland, I'm telling you!
From the seafood salad bar, I picked up a Thai shrimp salad for my lunch. I was so happy...it was so delicious...
In addition to the food choices, there was a pretty large clothing and shoe section, makeup, skincare, books, soaps, etc. It is truly a one-stop shop for all things natural and organic. They had the biggest selection of Sigg water bottles I've ever seen. I picked up a super cute one. :)

If you've never been to a Whole Foods, check one out soon!
2 comments:
You are too cute. :)
Alton Brown visits Whole Foods a lot on Good Eats. I've never been to one though--there aren't any around here. I do like the large organic/natural section at my Food City though (although not everything there is safe, of course).
Oh, I love Whole Foods too!!! My nearest one is half an hour away :( Sadly, I used to live only 3 BLOCKS away from it, but I never went there 'cuz I had a smaller food budget than now :(
Do you have a Sprouts near you? They have good meat too :) At least my local Sprouts does.
Still gotta be careful even at Whole Foods, though. Most of the convenience foods still have MSG in them (called by other names, though).
I always love their cheese department. It really IS a whole department of NOTHING but CHEESE!!! :) LOL!
Post a Comment