Monday, August 3, 2009

San Diego!

Here are a lot of pics from our few days in California. :-)




The entrance to Glen Ivy, one of the most wonderful places on earth. :-) We went swimming, hit the mineral mud baths, soaked in the lounge pool, had a fabulous spa lunch, and went into the grotto for a moisturizing body treatment. It was a very relaxing, fun day!


Sarah, me, and mom after our spa day


After Glen Ivy, we drove to Murrietta Hot Springs to meet my Aunt VaLynn and her fiance Markus for dinner. Here are the love birds. :-) They're getting married next summer!


On Friday, my mom and I spent the day in San Diego. We saw an episode of "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" on the Food Network that featured a really good seafood restaurant in San Diego called Blue Water Seafood. So we decided to go check it out! Oh boy, was it good. There was a line out the door so this place is crazy popular. The seafood is super fresh and grilled to order (there is just one fried fish on their menu, everything else is grilled). We had a shrimp and crab cocktail and mahi mahi fish tacos. YUM!


Enjoying our seafood cocktails. People kept looking in the window and checking out what we were eating. :-)
After the seafood lunch, we went down to the port of San Diego and did a tour of the Maritime Museum, which included a 45 minute boat ride in the bay. Fun!










Enjoying the cool ocean breeze on our cruise







Coronado Island




A Navy ship. I love this sign!





The Star of India still goes on sea voyages! The Maritime Museum is cool. There are several historic ships and two submarines. Lots of artifacts and displays.




Mom



Russian submarine



Inside of the sub






On deck of the Star of India




Me, my big belly, and my mom



On Saturday, we visited family. My dad's whole side of the family lives in the San Diego area. This is my aunt Dianne's ranch. They have 5 horses!



Charlie says hello


Mom and Charlie. Charlie likes to lick. He's very friendly!




Me with the newest horse, a miniature that has yet to be named. Isn't he too cute?
We had a great trip. My family really enjoyed seeing us and especially my pregnant belly. We haven't had a new baby arrive in almost 6 years, so everyone is really excited. :-)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tara, I'm not sure if you remember me. We are distant cousins. Glen is my Grandmother's brother. I am Barbara's daughter. I found your blog on Glen's website. We used to visit with you and your mom when we were little. I think we last saw you sometime in the 90's. I wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy. Being a Mommy is the hardest and best job ever! Your trip to San Diego looks divine. It is so wonderful to do things like that with your mom. Enjoy every minute! Love, Melanie

Tara said...

Hey Melanie! I'm so glad you found us! I'm bad about keeping up with the Erickson website. :( It's been at least since the 90's since we lasted visited Utah. Yikes! I hope you're doing well!

Anonymous said...

That horse is scary!