The little man is 11 months old now and I don't know what to say about that other than holy cow! I am still finding it hard to believe that he'll be a year old soon. But if I want to try and keep him a baby, he has sensed this and is doing his best to show me that he's a big boy! :)
**Edited**
I can't believe I left this out. Connor weaned himself from the pacifier a couple months ago. We just never really noticed because he never used it much to start with. But perhaps a month ago, I did noticed he spit it out at bedtime (rather furiously I might add). :) Then, for a few nights I noticed it on the floor the next morning. I can just imagine him flinging it out of his crib in a huff wondering why I think he is still a baby who needs a pacifier. lol! Anyway, we just stopped offering it to him and we've been pacifier free for awhile now.
He is also in a big boy carseat. He outgrew his infant seat and my parents bought him a convertible car seat that will last him for a long time---until he weighs 80 lbs! He is enjoying it very much. He likes sitting up more and being able to see out the side windows much better. We are hoping to keep his seat in the middle of the backseat and turn it around when he's a year old. After one year and 20 lbs, babies can face forward here in Arizona. Frankly, Connor's legs are getting too long to fit facing backwards anyway! :)
One of the biggest changes here is that Connor may as well be walking, he cruises along furniture and walls with serious speed. I had to buy him some shoes and found these at Target and I can't say enough good things about them. So light, comfy and cute! You know it's a good shoe when your kid doesn't try to pull it off.


He's still crawling like crazy and is just a very active, busy guy. We're into having to discipline him more now and I'm happy to see our efforts paying off already.
Nick started his new work shift, doing 4 10-hour days in a row. Poor Connor has been a little upset seeing Daddy leave so soon on those mornings. :( He says Dada and Mama a lot and if you ask him "where's mommy?" or "where's daddy?", he will look around until he finds us.
As Connor gets older, I find myself often thinking and saying he is really all boy. He loves cars and balls and things that make noise. He loves anything with buttons and anything on wheels that he can push. He loves chasing after the cats and petting the rabbit.


He laughs so easily and so often. He is very ticklish and his giggles are one of the best sounds in the world to me.
Connor likes to mimic and he does it in his own funny way. For example, while we were teaching him to clap, initially he'd watch carefully and then take each of our hands and make US clap by moving our hands for us. Instead of just clapping his own hands. He did that for awhile before clapping on his own. He loves funny noises and I often make him laugh by making funny sounds with my finger in my mouth. He always grabs my finger and shoves it in my mouth when he wants to hear more.
Yesterday, I attempted to clear Connor's nose of some...um, debris. As soon as I did that, he grabbed my finger and tried to put it up MY nose. :)
He is quite a character, that's for sure. My parents are always calling him Mr. Personality.

He is too cute for words!
1 comment:
Sarah weaned herself off the pacifier in similar fashion...too funny. (Natalie has not, although she doesn't use it much sleeping anymore...just sometimes throughout the day.)
I love that last pic! He looks like a big, cuddly snowball! :)
I did have to chuckle though, because Sarah loves cars and buttons and things that make noise! And she is as far from "all boy" as it gets. :) Kids are funny!
Post a Comment