Today Connor and I took a walk to the park. We ran into an elderly lady outside our house that I have never seen before. She was adorable with a shock of white hair and huge glasses. She saw us and waved and then ran/hobbled over to us as fast as she could manage. In a heavy Italian accent, she fawned over Connor, singing what I assume were praises. I was highly amused by the look on Connor's face. It clearly said "Lady, this isn't anything I haven't heard before!" LOL!
I love old people with accents. I don't know why, but I find it so very charming. Our favorite neighbor has a heavy German accent and I love how she says Connor's name. Anyway, the Italian lady told me her life story and a great deal of parenting advice in about 5 minutes flat. Hilarious. She kept telling me Connor was beautiful. "He ees so beee-u-tee-ful!".
"He is a masterpiece" she finally pronounced. I think that might be the best compliment Connor has received so far. :) It really is sweet and fun to watch old ladies fawn all over Connor.
We took these pictures at the park afterwards. It was such a pretty day! Connor had a lot of fun exploring and driving around in his car.
There is a playground here that is set up like a little city, complete with houses, a school bus and a fir truck. The little roads wind all around and even have parking spaces along the sides. Very cute!
It was interesting to see how much Connor loved pulling at the leaves on this tree. He focused on this task for quite a long time; too bad I didn't get more pictures of his face...
No comments:
Post a Comment