There is a lake down the road with a nice nature trail that we like to walk on. You can see the lake from the road and every time we pass it, Connor calls out that he wants to "walk on the water". He's still learning proper grammar. He also says that he wants to "eat the water"...
Now that it is finally warming up, we started walking around the lake again. It's breezy here and the wind coming off the lake makes it much cooler than it is in our own yard a mile away. We recently had a lovely long walk around the lake and discovered the first of spring's wildflowers along the path.
Connor gets excited over every little discovery, one of a million things I love about him! It takes us a good hour to walk a mile because we stop to see every prairie dog hole, bug and flower but that is alright with me. I love my time just enjoying life with my son!!
I was so excited to see these little white flowers! I know that one day these fields will be FULL of wildflowers and we can hardly wait for that!! We are really enjoying watching the world come back to life. I love that the trees are all in bloom now and our yard is filled with birds and bunnies. This weekend we're doing yard work with the hope that it won't snow again anytime soon. :)
We are also loving the warmer spring weather! I think it hit 80 degrees one day. It's just lovely.
Happy Spring!








No comments:
Post a Comment