Monday, March 4, 2013

Life Update

Things are good. :) My mom arrived about a week ago and has been such a lifesaver. Cooking, cleaning, chasing after Connor. Since I seemed to hit a new wall in feeling huge and heavy and exhausted, the timing was perfect!

I'll have to do a twin update in a few days, after my 28 week checkup. But, so far things are going pretty well. The girls are definitely growing and continue to be very active all day. At my last cervix check, things were still totally perfect.

We've had so much snow here lately! Unbelievable!! Connor has really enjoyed it. I took him out one day after a particularly big storm had passed. The grassy area in front of our apartment was blanketed in about 5-6 inches of soft, fluffy snow. I wrapped myself up and sat in a chair while Connor rolled around in the snow, drove his cars and trucks through it, ate it, and generally had a fabulous time.













My dad took Connor out for a walk in the snow the following day and they managed to make a snowball--no easy task here where the snow is so fluffy, it's difficult to hard pack it in any shape. So, no snowmen... :)

Having more people getting him out of the house to play has been so good for Connor. He's been adjusting very well and giving Grandma a lot of exercise. :)

On Sunday, Nick and I took Connor to church and then out for the day to give my mom a break and some peace and quiet. :) We looked for some work pants for Nick at Burlington Coat factory, where a 3-way mirror occupied Connor beautifully. He adored seeing 3 images of himself! ;) He kept telling me "Mommy, look those are my brothers!". It was really cute, although actually seeing 3 Connors standing there was a little scary. Can you imagine Connor triplets? Yikes! :)




Our mall had torn out the children's play area, which was a bummer to discover. It's being redone and luckily we spotted a fun alternative: a little train that went all over the mall. So of course Connor had to ride and I had to go with him. He had so much fun!







We visited a pet store and then I had to rest on a bench, so Nick and Connor went off to get us all an ice cream treat to share. Nick being the sweet dad that he is let Connor pick out all the components. So we ended up with a waffle cup dipped in chocolate and sprinkles, this crazy sherbet that was bright blue and purple and green, topped with birthday cake ice cream. Definitely nothing I'd pick out! :) But we all shared and got blue tongues together, which Connor loved of course. :)


 It's very nice that I am not on bedrest or at the point where I can't get out and about, and we can do some fun little outings with Connor like this. :)

No comments: