Wednesday, April 17, 2013

34 Weeks!

Since I spend the vast majority of time sitting around these days, I have been reading up on a lot of other Moms of Multiples blogs. Misery loves company right? I saw quite a few of these weekly update Q & A type posts and decided to snag the idea. Because my brain is not working all that well these days, I find it hard to just punch out a blog post. Fill-in-the-blank questions are much more doable! :)
So, here ya go:
How far along: 34 weeks and still pregnant. Amazing but true! ;)
Size of babies: Cantaloupes! 2 cantaloupes! Baby A is 4 lbs 9oz and Baby B is a big chunk at 5lbs 4oz.
Total weight gain: 20 pounds!!
Gender: 2 Girls, something I know most everyone knows but you'd be surprised how often I'm asked to remind someone of that info. ;)
Maternity clothes: I have very few maternity clothes that still fit :( The problem is my belly, it's just so large that my tops are too short and don't cover it all up and my pants feel a bit too snug over the belly. Loose dresses are my best friend these days!
Stretch marks: Gosh, yes. Of course! They aren't bad considering though. So far I have about the same as what I got with my pregnancy with Connor and at least they're all down low and not all over my entire belly. 
Belly Button: What's that? Mine popped out completely at least a month ago, probably longer. It looks freaky. I basically have no belly button at all. It does not look like an "outie". It's just completely flattened and stretched out to the max. No you do not want to see a picture of it. Scary!
Sleep: This week has been a little better. My doctor had mercy and gave me a small dose of sleep medication that I'm allowed to take every 2-3 days. Just knowing I'll get a decent nights sleep a couple times a week has been helpful. One night I actually got almost 6 straight hours. Most of the time I sleep in 2-3 hour increments.It's mainly the babies that wake me up. They squirm around a lot at night.
Symptoms: I'm carrying lower and it's really hurting my pelvis and lower back. The pressure is so extreme, Nick and I have spent the past 2 nights debating whether to take me to the hospital and have Labor & Delivery check things out. I'm glad we waited until my normal OB appointment today because everything was fine. No contractions at all and my cervix is closed. I am measuring 40 weeks, and carrying nearly 10 pounds of baby, so I'm just feeling normal symptoms and being a wuss about it! :(
What I miss: Just being somewhat normally pregnant. I'm beyond huge now. I can hardly do anything at all. :( I miss being able to put on my own shoes and socks! I miss giving Connor his bath and putting him to bed and being up for outings.
Cravings: Watermelon! Would you believe that is the one and only food I've had a craving for this entire pregnancy? I literally went through 3 watermelons in about 2 weeks. 
Aversions: Nothing really
Best Moment: A moment that sticks out from this last week was a conversation we had with a stranger. We were at Walmart I think, and my mom as usual enjoys bragging to anyone that we're expecting twin girls soon. This lady asked Connor if he was excited about being a big brother. Connor said yes, but then very seriously told her that Mommy was still growing the babies in her belly. :) It just warmed my heart that he was thinking about it that way and was somehow aware of the fact that it was important that Mommy keeps cooking the babies. :) Anyway, it's always sweet and precious to hear Connor talk about his sisters.

I also had one of the most FUN moments at my ultrasound today when the tech pointed out all the hair Baby B has. :) It was so cute and funny to see it waving in the breeze of amniotic fluid. :) I wish we could have seen if Baby A has just as much hair but she wasn't cooperating for a photo. I'm not surprised about the hair since Connor was born with a full head of hair too.

 
What I'm looking forward to: Uh, the obvious answer is NOT being pregnant anymore!! LOL! But mostly what I am looking forward to is seeing these girls. I want to see their faces, I want to hold them. I can't wait to see what they look like and what their little personalities are like, if they are identical or not. I want to know them more than just from ultrasounds and their wiggles and kicks.
Most Asked Question:  “Have you picked out names yet?”  The answer is no. I am sure it seems like we're holding back or keeping a secret but I swear we're not. We have a list of possibilities but honestly, nothing jumps out as a name we LOVE and we just don't know right now. I'm afraid we'll be bringing our list along to the hospital and choosing names after they're born, a situation I NEVER thought would happen to me. :( I'm praying and hoping when I see my daughters' faces I'll be inspired and just know what name fits best.

Where's the Belly Pic?

I tried to take one and guess what? My lower belly hangs out of all the maternity tops I tried on. No one wants to see that! Gah! Unfortunately, although I can put on an XL t-shirt and be comfy, that doesn't really show anyone what the belly looks like. So...I'll try again next week and try to find a shirt that works. :) I'd like one more belly shot simply because I am afraid every day I might go into labor and that will be that. 

 

No comments: