I thought to myself less than two weeks ago that I am so fortunate to have strong arms. I mean, with a disability that limits the mobility in my legs, I've had to compensate with some arm muscles.
Sadly, even 30+ years of using one arm to haul myself onto high places, push myself off the floor, etc. could prepare me for the muscles needed to be pregnant with twins.
I sat on the floor like an idiot the other day, to help Nick groom our cat. It frustrated me beyond belief to have such a hard time getting up. I did it, but it was very difficult. I feel trapped in someone else's body!
It's official: I wake up each morning with sore, aching arms and shoulders. I feel like I bench pressed a ton of weight at the gym. And all because it's getting so hard to get myself out of bed and up off of chairs. One night I got up much more often than usual and the next day, my neck and shoulders and arms were in incredible pain. It was shocking!
I hope I'm just hitting another wall this week and I'll get used to it and then feel better for another week or so. :) It's scary to be bigger than I've ever been. You know your stomach is crazy huge when it's laying across your thighs. Ew? It's hard getting used to not fitting into spaces. My mom took me out to lunch one day and when I saw our booth, I had a brief moment of panic wondering if my belly would fit between the bench and the table. Thankfully it did, but yikes! What a weird thing to worry about now. I'm glad it's temporary! :)
I'm surprised about so many things with this pregnancy. Nothing can prepare you. Nothing! :)
One day soon I'll get brave and post a front belly shot. Let me tell you, there is a very good reason every pregnant woman does a side-view belly picture. It just looks cuter, even if you're sticking way out. But a front view? When I see that in the mirror, I could just faint. It looks so huge!
The girls are still so active, I can't believe they have that much room to move. They roll a lot and lodge themselves in places. Baby A loves to put her feet right up into my ribs. Baby B loves to stick her head into my bladder. I don't know how they can get so much bigger and how I'll make it another 6 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment