Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter!

My goal for March was to make it to church on Easter Sunday. :) It's not easy at all getting around these days, so I'm happy to say I made it. I barely made it and at least 4 people sitting near us commented that I must be having a baby any day now, but it was a wonderful service and I'm so glad I was able to attend. We'll see how next week goes! :)

I love Easter and was feeling frustrated about missing out on all the fun things to do with Connor, but the important thing is that Connor still had fun thanks to Nick and Grandma. On Saturday, Nick took Connor on an egg hunt and bunny walk at the nature center. They had fun, and my sweet husband humored me by taking lots of pictures so I could see my boy having a good time. :)

































my favorite :)







I did get to help Connor dye some eggs that evening, which was fun. He was mostly very gentle about dropping the eggs into the cups. We didn't do anything fancy, just colored the eggs and Connor put stickers all over them. He had fun doing it and was very into counting all the eggs, putting them in a certain order and telling us each color over and over. He sure loves to sort and organize things.







On Easter morning, Connor got an Easter basket and we had a little egg hunt at home. My mom and I had fun shopping for some things for his basket while Nick and Connor were on their outing on Saturday. We found some wonderful wooden train cars that go with Connor's existing set and Connor was just thrilled. He's been very happily playing with his longer train set ever since. He also had fun hunting for more eggs after church:






I think the most fun we had all day was making a cake with Grandma. Connor loves cooking and baking! This is my favorite cake: just a simple white cake with fresh whipped cream frosting and fresh strawberries. Oh yum!!

Connor got to lick the beaters and bowl, then help Grandma frost the cake:




Layering on all the strawberries is fun too!











We shared the last of the cream and strawberries, yummy!

We had a great Easter dinner of BBQ ribs, baked beans and corn on the cob. Connor loves corn on the cob so much, he stole 3 pieces from my plate throughout dinner.

Overall, we had a really great Easter!

No comments: