Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Riding the Light Rail

After years of waiting and enduring all the construction, the Phoenix light rail is finally finished and up and running!! Some ladies from work and I all went out to lunch and rode the light rail for the first time to get there. It was really fun! Downtown Phoenix has a ton of one-way streets, construction and traffic. It was much less stressful zipping along in the light rail than driving!!


Here it comes!


All the fun ladies I work with


Sandy, me and Amy on the light rail


Sara, Jen and Pat


Sitting in separate cars on the way back. I know the other passengers thought we were weird. Hey, it's downtown Phoenix...that's where all the weirdos hang out right?


Jen and I on the way back. We could've ridden around all day long. I really wish the light rail went all the way down south to where we live. Hopefully one day they'll expand it. For now, we'll have to keep driving in to work but at least we can hop on the light rail to go out to lunch! :-)