Thursday, June 18, 2009

Books

I stole this from Jess, who got it from another blog...so I guess it's okay to keep passing this along. :-)

I love to read and so does Nick and this little survey seems appropriate since lately we've been outgrowing our huge bookshelf. :-)

1. What author do you own the most books by? It's a tie between Nelson DeMille and Madeleine L'Engle

2. What book do you own the most copies of? The Bible

3. What fictional character are you secretly in love with? He's not fictional. :-) More like an historical character...a major in the Army in WWII.

4. What book have you read the most times in your life? A Wrinkle In Time

5. Favorite book as a ten year old? The Little House on the Prairie series.

6. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year? Another memoir by one of the soldiers in "Band of Brothers". His version wasn't nearly as good as Stephen Ambrose's and Richard Winters'.

7. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?Band of Brothers. Best mini-series ever and best book ever!

8. If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be? I agree with Jess that people shouldn’t be forced to read books.

9. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read? In more recent years, The Alchemist. I don't think I fully "got it". It's probably one I'll have to reread a few times.

10. What are you reading right now? The Lion's Game by Nelson DeMille

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oh - I LOVE L'Engle....We read Wrinkle in Time this year in school and I just fell in love with the book all over...It's one to read and reread...

Hugh's reading The Alchemist right now...I am not up for books I don't get...so after your comments on it, I may skip it!!!

Love,
Jess