Monday, June 8, 2009

A very good weekend!

This weekend was fun! My baby brother turned 23, so we had a little party at Mom and Dad's to celebrate. Rick loves Sponge Bob, so we went a bit silly and got party hats and noise makers. The kids, of course, loved it!


The birthday boy


Being a goofball, as usual


Hailey and Noah, loving the noisemakers


Jonas, looking festive but not by choice!



I got a hair cut on Saturday, thank goodness. My good friend, who also has curly hair, referred me to her stylist who knows how to cut curly hair. Very important! So I drive to this salon and arrive a half hour early. Lucky me, there is a Ross right next door. So on a whim, I go in to look around. I NEVER shop at Ross...whenever I do, intentionally looking for something cute, I never find anything. I have the worst luck at Ross.

Well, Saturday I wasn't even planning to shop, so I wasn't looking for anything in particular. Of course, that was the day that I found a ton of cute maternity tops. Cute top for $6.99? Oh yes, you're coming home with me! I LOVE today's maternity clothes. So far, every item I've found is adjustable to fit throughout your pregnancy. Awesome! So I got away with 5 new tops for about $40.

Then, my hair cut. I haven't had a good cut in a very long time and everywhere I've gone lately has charged around $60 for a cut and style. Well, this new stylist who is a wizard with curly hair is just fantastic. Not only did I get a terrific cut, it was only $20!! That made me very happy, and it also justified my little shopping spree since I saved about $40 I thought I'd be spending on my hair. :-)

Here it is! It looks quite short in front because it's layered, but it's a little longer in back:




Funny how new clothes and a new haircut can make a girl's entire weekend wonderful. :-)

3 comments:

Grandpa: said...

Tara my dear, whether it's from Ross or Sacks 5th Avenue, you make anything you wear look good.

Karen Butterworth said...

Love the cut! :) (Slightly envious too, because I need a cut sooooooo badly!)

Tara said...

Thanks Grandpa, you're so sweet!