Tuesday, October 20, 2009

30 Weeks, 30 Years, and Zzzzz


I turned 30 years old AND 30 weeks pregnant this week! ;-) Pretty cool!


As far as my birthday goes, it was nice and low key. I am too tired these days to do much partying! :-) But my wonderful husband and family did a lot to make my birthday special. My mom made me dinner and cake, brought me flowers and a "pregnant woman's gift" (soft, comfy pjs and cookies! yay!).

If you like the show NCIS, you'll appreciate Nick's gift to me. If not, you'll find this weird. But there is a character on the show who has a stuffed hippo she keeps in her office and when she hugs it, it farts. I normally do not find farting funny at all, but this I find hilarious. Probably because it's a hippo...


At any rate, awhile ago I told Nick I really needed a farting hippo. I can't believe he remembered, or had the time to sneak off to do this and I had no idea. But he went to Build a Bear Factory and made me this:



Jethro the Panda and my birthday flowers

They didn't have hippos, but he knows I love pandas. He had to buy a whooppee cushion and install it in such a way that it would work inside the panda. Now I have a farting panda. :-) It sounds so juvenile, but it really is a stress reliever to have in your office at work. Just hug it as needed. It's especially fun when there are unsuspecting coworkers nearby...

My lovely hubby also picked up dinner for my birthday so I didn't have to waddle out of the house. I enjoyed a relaxing night on the couch watching NCIS with my little family and getting kicked by a very active baby.

I am very tired. Very, very tired. I am trying to recall my first trimester fatigue and I can't remember if it was this bad. All I know is, this is tough. I am getting bigger and bigger, and things like turning over in bed, washing dishes, or even walking out to the car are wearing me out.

The good news is, as of this week I am working from home full time. No more dressing up, trying to put on work shoes, or getting up really early. I am so thankful!

So are the animals. We spend a lot of time snuggling on the couch together and they are happy I'm home every day now. Especially Mudpie, who prefers watching tv from the coffee table instead of her cage.


Here are just a bunch of funny pictures of the laziness around our house:



hello there, do you like my whiskers?




napping on a bed of hay is the best


why is this cat in my cage?




seriously...




help!





much better!





I love 8 hour NCIS marathons with mommy on the couch!



this is the life




okay, enough pictures!




I have a big belly...I eat too many carrots. And you humans thinks carrots are a diet food! HA!

2 comments:

Lauri Dilbeck said...

I love reading your blog. It's so much fun! I am embarassed I missed your birthday. It isn't that I forgot...I just didn't get a card sent.

My appologies and Happy Belated! Love you!

Tara said...

Thank you! That's okay :-) I'm the worst when it comes to remembering to mail out birthday cards.

I'm glad you enioy the blog! We love you too!