Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cloth Diapers, Part 1

Who would have thought picking out diapers could be so much fun? Before I started this adventure, I was 25% excited, 25% nervous and 50% determined. Now I'm just all excited (but still determined too)!

My meeting with the cloth diaper lady was great. I got quite the education, and boy am I grateful that I had a source to talk to one-on-one and ask as many questions as I wanted to! There are so many options out there, it's mind boggling! Now I feel confident and in-the-know.

The only thing I wasn't prepared for was finances. I didn't have a good idea of how much to budget, but I think we did a pretty good job. I got myself all set up for the newborn stages and soon I'll be purchasing another kit that will see us through until potty training time!

Here's what we got so far:




Prefolds with Snappis (no more scary pins these days!)

Thirsties diaper covers

These are called Kissaluvs. They are super soft and fuzzy and adorable. :-) I can't wait to see these on Baby's cute little bottom! These are called fitted cloth diapers because there's no folding or Snappis required, and are as easy to put on and take off as a disposable. I got a few of these as a backup for Daddy, Grandpa, or any of us changing a diaper at 3am on no-sleep and just can't handle dealing with folding a regular diaper. Just trying to be prepared...



Super soft cotton fleece, absorbent inner lining


All of these snaps make the diaper adjustable depending on how big baby is




I couldn't resist getting some aquas and blues in addition to the gender neutral colors...they are just diapers after all! ;-) If we do have a girl, I'm sure she won't mind. After all, I'm a girl and blue and green are my favorite colors! :-)


My diaper sack to go inside the diaper bag. Isn't it adorable? :)



It has a special liner and a swatch of fabric inside that is for essential oils---all of which keep the stink of dirty diapers well contained!

2 comments:

Karen Butterworth said...

Cute diapers! I still love my Bum Genius, but I'm sure yours will be fabulous! (I may send you a Snappi that I ended up not using since my prefolds didn't work).

Tara said...

Thanks Karen!