LOL!
Decided it wasn't too bad, but it wasn't his favorite, that's for sure.
Cute fuzzy pjs and snuggles with Daddy...
Connor is scooting everywhere and trying to crawl, but only scoots backwards at this point. He is all over the place, much to Josie's chagrin.
Josie's glare of disapproval
There is a restaurant in New Mexico called Blue Corn Cafe. Nick loves it and I was lucky to receive a copy of their cookbook from Nick's mom. I'm going to make my way through the book and create some yummy New Mexican dinners for my family.
Today is Day One and I'm starting with a basic: red chile sauce. This will be for a lot of different dishes and it was quite easy to make. The recipe makes 12 cups; I'm setting aside 4 cups for tomorrow's dinner.
Tomorrow's dinner is beef enchiladas, black beans and Spanish rice. The recipe for the enchilada filling was also make-ahead. That was nice; it'll make it easier to throw it all together tomorrow. I'm fortunate to have a Mexican market nearby, so obtaining all of the ingredients was no problem. Our market has a tortilla making station, so we have freshly made tortillas to look forward to. Yum-O! :)
Beef has onions, chile, cumin, garlic and lime juice. It should be very tasty! So far, everything I'm making calls for cumin and that is awesome since I LOVE cumin. I'll share tomorrow's feast...the family is coming over, so I'll have plenty of taste-testers. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment