Thursday, October 28, 2010

10 Months


It's hard to believe Connor is already 10 months old. He is such a sweet, fun little boy. 


He loves everyone, even growly grouchy Josie.


My dad found a very new cat door by the trash bins. What luck! We installed it and put up a gate outside. Now, the cats and their litter boxes, food, and toys are outside on the enclosed porch. Everyone is happy with this arrangement. I know the cats appreciate having one place Connor can't get to! :)



He is just everywhere these days. He is cruising along all the furniture, Mudpie's cage, and his favorite thing is to push boxes around or his stroller. It's really cute!




At 10 months old, Connor sleeps 12-13 hours a night (straight!). He naps only about 1-2 hours a day. So our schedule has certainly changed. I feel very fortunate that he is back to being an excellent sleeper and I can count on a good night sleep myself these days. I am also amazed that we had no issues with standing in his crib. He does stand up when he wakes up, but there hasn't been any problems with getting stuck standing in the middle of the night like some stories I've heard.

Hope no one minds the pic overload here, but you can only imagine how many pics I take in a week! :) It cracks me up to see Connor spot the camera and come running (well, crawling fast) to attack me. He jumps right on top of me and I get a lot of extreme close up shots.


Watch out for attack baby!


This was the best I could do this month for puppy comparison photos.


Nick's new job is going well. It's odd having him gone all day, but we're settling into a nice routine. I have to admit that it's a great feeling for me to go out with Connor on my own and be successful. We recently went to an outdoor mall where Connor played in the kids' play area, talked to a bunch of other kids, then visited a nearby pet store. He had SO much fun!







This puppy was licking Connor's fingers and he was squealing with joy. Too bad the one picture I manage to take was of both of them looking rather uncertain about the situation! :P


Connor is tall enough to reach a lot of desirable things, including Nick's computer. In about 10 seconds, he manages to close the video game and open up several windows, including a new e-mail message. So, if you receive a weird e-mail from Nick, it's probably Connor. :) This picture is perfect because not only is Connor attacking, he himself was just attacked by  a blueberry-banana smoothie and that kind of love just has to be shared.

With the cats' stuff out of the house, the kitchen and dining areas have been opened up to Connor. He greatly enjoys helping me load the dishwasher!



He's also obsessed with my flowers in the pot underneath the table. Did I mention we bought a bunch of new furniture over 2 years ago before we had any idea a baby would be along so soon?




As far as food goes, Connor is eating too many new things to count. I think after he hit 9 months, it became a free for all at least when it comes to whole, natural foods like fruit, vegetables, meat and grains. Other than highly allergenic food like strawberries and peanut butter too of course. He likes pasta as you can see. He recently tried figs which he loved too. He eats at least one banana a day and is still enjoying a healthy serving of yogurt each day. I'm happy to report he is still nursing too!

I made a really yummy soup that included free-range organic chicken, brown rice, tomatoes, carrots, green beans, squash, zucchini, peas, spinach, onion, garlic, and celery. We all loved it and it was really nice to give Connor a meal chock full of veggies. We've been eating it for a week!


Lame plastic container, but doesn't the soup look good? :) This is what we eat all winter here to stay healthy...no colds or flus allowed!



Back to Connor...he loves Baby Beethoven! More than anything. The kid just loves music and loves to dance! 


Connor also loves having his teeth brushed. He has the two top teeth coming in but so far I haven't had much luck getting a good picture of them.



Obsessed with the cell phone! What baby isn't these days?

That's all I have time for today...dinner calls! We're having fish tacos! :)

2 comments:

Karen Butterworth said...

Lol--have you seen "Dr. Ziment's" (not sure I spelled that right, but oh well) recipe for chicken soup? It comes with a disclaimer--it's supposed to be dosed out as medicine, not eaten like soup! You only eat 2 tbsp. at a time. If you want more, you can have it--as long as you don't exceed half a cup! It has chicken stock, an entire head of garlic, 6 sprigs of cilantro, a tsp. of curry powder, and a bunch of other stuff I don't remember. Sounds like it would scare the germs away! :)

Tara said...

I hadn't heard of that but I just looked it up. Interesting! It sounds a little closer to our spicy Mexican chicken soup. Something about these soups work because we rarely get a cold here. All that garlic is awesome! I've actually taken a spoonful of straight garlic minced because it is supposed to really kick a cold. :)