Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sparklepie

Yesterday, our niece Sarah turned 6. She has always been a joy in our lives, even while living on the other side of the country from us. Every once in awhile, I get a funny story about something she said and I never forget it.

Recently, we were all together in California and while we were gone, our bunny Mudpie got sick. So I guess Mudpie's name was being spoken pretty often. Sarah must have been thinking about Mudpie's name for awhile and she eventually decided to give us some advice. Why don't we give her a bath and clean her up? "Then you can call her Sparklepie!" she said. HA! I loved it.

Now of course I look at Mudpie and always think "Sparklepie". What a hoot!

We hope you had a happy birthday Sarah! Thank you for making me laugh. :) I love you so much!

2 comments:

Karen Butterworth said...

I am certain that Mudpie would approve of the bath and the name change. ;)

Tara said...

Mudpie would love a more glamorous name! Maybe we'll just get her a sparkly tiara or something. :)