2011 is the year I am going to limit my Internet time dramatically. I have decided to post a new blog once a week, on Mondays. I am also going to restrain myself from being on Facebook and only check in once a week. :) I do always check my e-mail and bank account each day.
Why the change? Well, first and foremost I want to live a good example to my children. I do not want them to observe that the computer is one of the most important things in life. In fact, it really ought to be at the bottom of the list!
I also want to focus on real relationships. Although I love my online relationships---who are, to be fair, with people I know in "real life" like all my in-laws---I do need to make face-to-face friendships a bigger priority. I want to do this for myself as well as Connor.
And let's face it, I hardly have the time to be online anymore! :) But I do want to keep my blog, I do want to share Connor pictures and stories, so Monday will be the day for that.
Onto other things...
Health:
Fish Fridays: fish for dinner every Friday! I love fish but lack the confidence to cook it well. That's changing this year! Tonight I am making salmon corn chowder, a recipe from Connor's baby cookbook.
Wii and Wii Fit: last time I used the Wii with Connor, it scared him. We'll try again because I really need to get back into yoga.
Walks: 30 minutes 3 times a week. Once or twice here in our neighborhood, and at least one day a week at one of the nearby parks that have nice walking trails. We started this week and discovered a playground in our neighborhood that has a nice swing set that Connor can use:


Classes: We are signed up for a Jan/Feb class at our local recreation center gym. It's a "Wee Fit" class for 8-16 month olds. Cute huh? And not bad for just $6! There will be games and activities...they didn't give a lot of details but it's definitely a class for active little tots. Next week is our first class!
Creativity:
Photography: I lament the lack of creativity in my life sometimes. I love taking photos of Connor but it's even more fun to have a theme. A few weeks ago, we did a "photo walk" together and searched for trees that were full of fall leaves. We both had a lot of fun! So, my goal this year is to think of a fun theme and do a photo project. This will probably be a once-a-month goal. We'll see...
Blogging: My blogging is very random. I don't have a lot of time for it anymore, so this year my goal is to plan what to write and edit pictures so I can always post something hopefully interesting each Monday.
Reading: I LOVE to read but for the past few years I have been so busy and stressed, I lose myself in fiction novels that are fun but not exactly educational or deep. I read a lot more now because I make the time and I want to keep learning. So my goal is to get books each week at the library that are both fun and will broaden my mind. I have actually found that watching Jeopardy gives me ideas. :) I keep a notebook handy during the game and jot down subjects that I don't know much about but really wish I did. People, places, events, etc.
Life:
We are in such a weird, unique situation. Nick and I have no real home of our own and have basically lost everything. We are VERY fortunate that we still have reliable vehicles! Anyway, we are starting to make new plans for our future. Where we'll be by this time next year. We have to have a goal to work towards. Right now it's vague but we are still leaning towards having a bit of land and living outside of a city. Where? I don't know. That is part of my big project this year: researching possibilities. Good places to raise children. Good schools. The kind of outdoor activities we enjoy. Etc. Yeah, we should have done this 6 years ago but oh well. We made lots of terrible mistakes 6 years ago and since then. Now, we need to make some good decisions. Basically, we want to narrow down a short list of places we'd like to live and then start seriously looking for jobs there.
I'm really determined that 2011 will be a better year! I'm sure I had other ideas rolling around in my head but this is all I can think of for now. :) What are your resolutions? Did you come up with anything different this year?
2 comments:
I'll miss you online! I don't have any way to have face-to-face time with you. But I do understand and applaud your goals. I think they're great. Good luck!
I'll miss you too but I should be able to talk to you at least once a week. :) ((HUGS))
Post a Comment