Monday, March 14, 2011

Connor's First Garden

Connor and I have been growing some herbs indoors and we recently started to plant some things outside. Connor had a great time "helping" me plant flowers and tomatoes in some containers in the backyard. He actually did a pretty good job of digging in the dirt with the trowel. Unfortunately, he then wanted to dig up the flowers we'd just planted!

Photobucket

Of course Connor had to dig in the dirt and have a taste of it, rocks and all.

Photobucket

I got him a little plastic watering can and tried to get him to water his plants, but he thought it was much more fun to dump the water onto a patch of dirt and make a mud pie!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Connor was very pleased with himself and did not want to come indoors, even though it was really hot outside. I ended up hosing him off and he still just ran around the backyard playing with rocks and dirt. I think we'll need to see about getting some outdoor toys and a play pool soon! :)

We do have a bigger vegetable garden we are planning out, and most of these plants need to be watered every day so hopefully Connor will learn and grow to love gardening. :)

No comments: