Monday, March 7, 2011

Things I Love

Here are some new things that Connor has been doing that I just love:

1. Waving. He waves at everyone, but especially the ladies. He will often spot a lone woman across the aisle at the store and just wave until he catches her eye. He waves at people that drive by in their cars. He waves at Elmo on TV. It's just adorable.

2. Pointing. This is what I'd consider his first really helpful form of communication. He points at things he wants, like his cup. Or at things he is babbling about. It's really cute and helpful. When we picked up Mudpie from the vet last week, Connor spotted her in the back room and pointed excitedly at her.

3. Sitting on laps to read. Aw, sweetness. We sit on the floor most of the time. Connor will run over to you, turn around and plop right onto your lap. He often has a book in his hand he wants read, but he also just likes to come sit on our lap. I love that!

4. Kisses! We are still learning how to pucker, but Connor has learned that to give a kiss you lean your head in and touch the other person's face with your own. So, sometimes he just presses he face against yours. Sometimes he opens his mouth though and tries to give a big slobbery kiss. :P He loves to give babies and animals he sees in books big kisses. He also loves to watch Nick and I give each other a kiss. Connor is so very affectionate!

5. Obeying commands. Connor understands so much, it really shocks us. Recently, he was raiding the fridge. This is something that I just deal with because it occupies him while I work in the kitchen. It's a bad habit, but he loves rummaging in the pantry or fridge. I usually allow him to look in the fridge briefly while I get what I need out of there but he gets frustrated when you drag him out to close the door. So, the other day I simply said "Connor, can you get out of the fridge and close the door for Mommy please?" He looked at me and did exactly that. I was pretty surprised! So now, we just ask him to do things and see how much he comprehends. He will throw trash in the garbage, give Mudpie food, find his juice cup in the other room, etc.

It takes forever to get any pictures on here these days...so, at last here are a few of my faves from recent weeks. My boy is looking like a little boy these days, not a baby...

Photobucket

No comments: