Thursday, March 3, 2011

What Happened?

Wow, this must be a blogging record for me. A whole month between posts. Obviously I am failing at my once-a-week blog goal. February just flew by; it has been a blur of sickness and loss. The one very bright spot in the month was a fun visit with Nick's parents. :)

Facebook friends know most of this news. We were all sick with an awful stomach virus. Our beloved pediatrician died suddenly. Our rabbit, Mudpie, got sick and is still sick. Our house was finally approved by the bank and is closing escrow on March 10th.

Although we are all back to our healthy selves, I am still feeling a bit run down. I got a very good dose of what being The Mom is really like down in the trenches. My happy, easygoing, healthy baby has never been this sick and it transformed him into a miserable, wailing, emotional mess. I can hardly blame him after 14 months of feeling good and healthy, he must have been in total turmoil over what was going on with his body. Not since his newborn days have I spent so many nights staying up with him, rocking and comforting. It's a lot harder when your baby weighs 23 pounds instead of 8 pounds. :) Poor baby! He was back to himself once he got over the worst of the bug and could start eating his normal diet and taking his vitamins and fish oil again. I swear, the lack of those good vitamins and nutrients and minerals can really make a person cranky!

Needless to say, I completely missed Connor's 14 month picture/update. :( But things are pretty much the same. Connor is becoming more of a social butterfly and a total flirt. He loves people and waves at everyone he sees. He's been enjoying more challenging toys and learning to put different shapes in the right holes, hammering on his toy workbench, etc. Lots of fun! He continues to love books and we spend a lot of time each day reading.

We are currently getting the rest of our condo emptied and trying to get some stuff ready to sell on Craigslist or a yard sale. Nick and I are both pretty terrible when it comes to organizing so you can imagine how well this is going! ;)

Lets hope things calm down around here and March is a better blogging month. I need to take a tip from my smart SIL Karen and start sharing short stories more frequently. Wish me luck getting everything done! ;)

No comments: