Thursday, July 28, 2011

Birthday Fun & Foot Painting

My mom had a birthday this week, so a lot of my little art projects with Connor involved making her homemade gifts. This included the wrapping paper and cards and signs. Yesterday, we put it all together and decorated the house to surprise Grandma when she arrived home from work.

She was really amused by all we had done and it was cute watching Connor lead her around to show her everything. That morning, I had spread butcher paper on the back patio and dipped Connor's bare feet in some paint and let him run all over it. He had fun doing that and his footprints are adorable!



In case you wondered, this paint comes right off with water. It's the best! :)

Connor loves it when I blow up balloons, so we had a good time doing that and drawing pictures on the balloons too. We drew each of our pets on a balloon and taped them up all over the house. I used some of the footprint art to make a sign for the living room. The rest I used to wrap the gifts. Connor really enjoyed watching Grandma open her gifts.


My homemade decorating skills are awesome. It's okay to be jealous.


Later that night, my brother Michael and I took my mom to dinner at Outback.



 Would you believe this was only the 2nd time in 19 months that I wasn't home to put Connor to bed? :( Nick stayed home and was on Daddy duty. It feels very weird to not be the one feeding, bathing and putting Connor to bed. When I heard the report later I discovered that Connor is a lot more cooperative with Daddy! He put his own toys away and got out of the bathtub willingly? Amazing. It's Daddy magic!

It was a fun day and my mom greatly enjoyed herself. I got a little carried away in the craft department and ended up making these and leaving them all over her room. That got a big laugh!

2 comments:

Karen Butterworth said...

You are awesome, and I am jealous. :)

Tara said...

You're sweet. :) I'll mail you a homemade sign for your birthday okay? :)