This past week was Mini-Pledge #2: Beverages.
This will be quick! We rarely drink anything but water, so this challenge was mostly easy. I drink coffee every morning and I briefly considered trying to whip up an organic, naturally sweetened coffee creamer for myself. They looked delicious, but the truth is that I cannot afford it. I opted to do the challenge all day but for my morning coffee. What can I say? I need my coffee, it's 110 degrees here and I can't give up the most delicious and cheapest iced coffee ever. :)
Honestly, I believe most Americans love their soda and that this challenge would be a big one for the family who regularly drinks soda, Kool-Aid, even Gatorade. We do Gatorade once in awhile if we're outside a lot. I make iced tea with honey, but Nick will still drink water over anything else.
This week should be a little more interesting. Meat! All meat consumed this week will be locally raised (within 100-miles of our hometown). Meat consumption will also be limited to 3 – 4 servings this week, and when it is eaten meat will not be presented as the “focal point” of the meal. Instead meat will be treated as a side item or simply used to help flavor a dish.
I don't think of us as big meat eaters, but this is be a challenge anyway. :) I'll let you know how it goes next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment