We had a rough week, just in general. Although it wasn't as organized as I had planned, Connor and I did manage to do some fun things. We worked on a few simple art projects that I can't share yet because they're gifts! :) But it was fun. We also attempted to make an edible necklace with Cheerios, which Connor really loved until I put the necklace on him. He didn't want to wear it. :)
We scoured our local paper for free events and I found one called "Reptiles Around the World", free at the library! There were a TON of kids there, no surprise, so it was very distracting for Connor. Still, he was really excited when he saw the huge snake. And the guy who did the show was very funny-he had the kids screaming and laughing. Here are a few pictures:
This week, the goal is to get outside more. We're in monsoon season and have been hibernating inside WAY too much. Here is a picture of a dust storm approaching our back yard:
Who wants to go outside when THIS is headed your way?
With monsoons we get rain and clouds. It is an unusual treat to have a dark, cloudy day. We took advantage of that this morning to play outside. So, that's the plan this week. Outdoor and water play.
I did get some busy boxes put together for Connor, but no pictures. I'll try to do that this week! We did reorganize the bookshelf to accomodate the boxes and a special gift that had to be displayed right away:
I've been wanting a family picture of the Tennessee Butterworths for years! They didn't get one just to make me happy, but I'm certainly very happy they did. :) Thanks to their church by the way. :) Connor has really loved looking at photos of his cousins!
3 comments:
ROFL! You are totally incorrigible! I can't believe you posted those!
(I'm not mad...just amused...and maybe flattered that we made your blog). :)
Ha! Hey aren't you glad I didn't put you up on Facebook and tag you? ;)
Don't go getting any bright ideas now...
Post a Comment