Monday, July 18, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

This week I'm trying to stick with the 2 fruits & veggies per meal goal. I also decided to experiment with different kinds of burgers.

Monday: Greek burgers and Greek fries; fruit salad
Tuesday: Roasted chicken, potatoes, cauliflower; Spinach salad
Wednesday: out to eat (probably)
Thursday: Shepherd's Pie; fruit
Friday: Thai chicken burgers, veggies
Saturday: Chili (frozen batch from last week)
Sunday: lasagna soup, sauteed zucchini, garlic bread


Breakfasts: green smoothies, eggs, toast, omelettes, baked oatmeal
Lunches: Mostly leftovers, bean & cheese burritos, tuna sandwiches

For whatever reason, I find it easy to make breakfast and lunch quickly and can pick whatever I feel like that day. Dinner on the other hand, I want planned out. Probably because I really like it to be ready and the table set and things as clean, organized and calm as possible when Nick gets home from work.

Wednesday is our night to stay out of my mom's hair. We really need to find a more frugal solution than always eating at a restaurant. If it were cooler, I'd pack a picnic and go to a park! :(

Saturday is open because we have tentative plans to go up to a lake for a day. If we do end up at home though, I have a batch of chili in the freezer I can bust out if need be.

No comments: