Okay, I'm still posting here for a little while. Partly because I cannot think of a good name for a new blog and partly because I haven't found the time to start all over. I still want to, it'll just come along later. One of the names I'm pondering is A New Leaf, probably due to the fact that I am surrounded by gorgeous trees that are turning yellow, gold and red! :) And of course, we are turning over a new leaf as we head down this new path in life.
Obviously, we have the Internet again at last and I was able to post a bunch of pictures on Facebook. I love sharing pictures and I certainly have some great material to work with here, a beautiful little boy and spectacular scenery. I just haven't gotten back in the mood to blog. I look outside and can't help but bundle us up, pull on my new hiking boots and go off on another adventure. We want to be outside all the time. I know that's a very good thing but it's put me off schedule just a tad, both in the online world and with some house work! ;)
I have plenty to blog about, from the new house and town we already adore to the adventure of surviving on $40 a week for food until Nick gets paid. We've gotten along without Internet, instead relying on good old fashioned maps to help us get around and stopping to talk to a stranger for directions. It's been thrilling to live so close to 3 military bases and to see tanks and airplanes almost every day. The abundant wildlife has kept me in a child-like state of excitement. I'm quite sure I have "out of towner" written all over me...from my flip-flops to my squealing at the sight of a squirrel. That's okay. I've traded in my flip-flops for boots and made sure my car windows are rolled up when I shriek over deer and prairie dogs in the fields nearby.
Life is good and we are so very happy. I feel enormously privileged to live surrounded by so much beauty and majesty. Did you know that the song "America, the beautiful" was taken from a poem inspired in part by the poet's trip to Colorado Springs and Pikes Peak? Very cool! I can certainly see why too! Almost daily that song enters my mind, as well as Psalm 121:1:
"I will lift up mine eyes unto the mountains: From whence shall my help come?"
I know God's creation and evidence of His work and presence is everywhere on earth but I must say that here, with these mountains before me every day, it's just very moving.
My sweet boy is napping and I'm going to sign off, finish my housework and get my boots on so that we can go have some fun when he wakes up! :) God bless.



No comments:
Post a Comment