Southwestern Turkey
Cornbread, chorizo and cheese stuffing
Mashed Potato casserole
Caesar Salad
Honey Carrots
Green bean casserole
Cranberry sauce
Dinner Rolls
Pumpkin-Apple Dessert with ice cream
Since we'll probably eat later in the afternoon after Connor's nap, I'm going to serve a sort of brunch/appetizer platter during the late morning and early afternoon. We don't eat breakfast early anyway. Here's that little menu (trying to keep things light):
Homemade yogurt, fruit and granola for parfaits
Deviled Eggs
Raw vegetables and crackers with dip
We're all big water drinkers, so we didn't plan any special drinks like punch but we are going to have a bottle of sparkling cider just to be festive. :)
I left out a few traditional Thanksgiving dishes, and hopefully a new twist on a pumpkin dessert will go over well in lieu of pumpkin pie. I guess we'll see! What's on your menu this year?

5 comments:
Well, to me pumpkin pie is an essential, but since I won't be there my opinion doesn't count. ;)
I'm not a big pie person, but I'd make it if anyone really wanted it. :)
How can you not be a pie person?? Suddenly I am very sad for you. ;)
I don't like crust. Is that weird? I often like the fillings of pies but no crust. Graham cracker crust is good though! ;)
Lol, my mom makes the BEST graham cracker crust in the world; I kid you not. I hate eating a graham cracker crust at a restaurant because I sit there the whole time thinking "This is not my mother's!" I get frustrated trying make graham cracker crust for the same reason.
Are the pie crusts you eat usually made with shortening? I can send you a couple of alternates. I've seen butter pie crusts, but I usually make mine with olive oil. It's easy and I've been told it's good anyway. :) I'm going to play around with coconut oil for the crust too. I think that sounds unbelievably yummy, that hint of coconut flavor in the crust. If I get it to work, I'll let you know. :)
Post a Comment