Wow, it's hard to believe that February is almost over! How did that happen?
These past two weeks have been very strange for me. No real cooking or cleaning or going out. I have really enjoyed the company and help of friends and I'm looking forward to Nick's parents being here next week. I wish I knew an end was in sight for this bed rest business, but I don't and I have to think of goals to accomplish while working around my limitations.
1. Write 3 articles a week. Now that I am sitting on my duff all day, I feel less guilty about this. I've written 2 articles so far this past week and I am happy about that. At least I am doing something productive and earning a tiny bit of extra money.
2. Get our taxes done.
3. Get some sunshine every day (if possible). This has helped Connor and I both out a lot. As long as it's not snowing or really cold out, I am bundling us up to play out in the backyard for at least an hour a day. Connor plays and I hang out on the patio. The sun and fresh air makes us both both feel so much better.
4. Continue to rest and drink a lot of water and have an even better report from my OB on the 12th. I am hopeful that in the next 2 weeks, my blood clot will have shrunk even more (or even disappeared!). If we can progress well enough, I am hoping to be off bed rest by the end of March!
5. Take Connor on a field trip. Last month, Nick took Connor on a special outing to a dinosaur museum about an hour away. They both had fun and we'd like to try and do one special thing like that a month. In March, I'd like to try to go up to Denver to visit the aquarium.
6. Find cheap maternity clothes on Craigslist. Yes I still have a few from my pregnancy with Connor but they are all summer clothes. I need some pants to get me through the next couple of months at least. I heard last year it snowed in May here. Yikes! And it is so true that you start showing earlier with babies 2+. My jeans are already too tight! :(
7. Eat more fish! :) This is my main food goal for the month, since I'm not really cooking or shopping. We've had some delicious meals brought to us by friends and I am so grateful. I am eating like normal and trying to eat good fats, but I still haven't managed to gain back the few pounds I lost over the past couple months. I have a gift card to Whole Foods and plan on getting some good quality salmon and having that once a week.
8. Eat more protein. I seriously cannot believe the food issues I have had this pregnancy. I get very dizzy if I don't eat enough protein, to the point where it has to be in every meal and snacks! I am not used to snacking period, but now I have to. As I sit typing this, I am starting to feel dizzy and realized it's been almost 3 hours since lunch. Oops! I don't like this much at all. Aside from hard boiled eggs and apples dipped in peanut butter, I can't come up with protein rich snacks. Any ideas?
9. I know my SIL will laugh at this one, but I have a goal to take more pictures. :) I had a few recently that were close-ups of Connor's face and everyone loves them (me included). Not only is he growing rapidly and changing, but his little face is so expressive. He is so animated. Every photo is different and I love that. So I am trying to get more everyday pictures of Connor especially.
10. Last but not least, I want to make St. Patrick's Day fun this year! Bed rest or no, I hope to find some kind of event going on that we can attend, like the St. Patrick's Day parade downtown. Most importantly, I plan to make corned beef and cabbage that day. I grew up having that dish every St Patrick's Day, and every year my mom makes it. Because she makes it so yummy and amazing, I have never even attempted it myself. But I am doing it this year and every year from here on out. I want my kids to grow up with the same delicious memories. :)
Here's hoping that March will be an awesome month!!

No comments:
Post a Comment