One day we were having lunch on base and we saw a bunch of kids eating Burger King and wearing crowns. I remembered those fun crown hats from when I was a kid but hadn't seen them in many years. For some reason I became very excited about getting one for Connor; I was sure he'd love wearing a crown! One day I finally had a good excuse to treat him to a kids meal and we brought home his food and crown. Do you think he was at all impressed?
Okay, so apparently he has mastered the exasperated "Oh Mom!" look.
Connor loves olives, but we usually only have black olives which he loves sticking on all of his fingers. That has a fun, "bad" habit we started a long time ago. Well, one day I bought green olives and Connor was really frustrated that he could not get them to stick onto his fingers easily. He kept trying to shove his fingers inside no matter how many times I showed him the pimento stuffed in each olive. Finally, I had to suck the pimento out of each olive before I gave it to him.
Connor was very happy to be able to eat the olives off his fingers. :) And he does appear to like green olives just as much as the black. :)
One really funny food quirk that Connor has is that he eats everything as though it is an ear of corn. He eats a banana that way...nibbling it lengthwise instead of biting it from top to bottom like us normal folk do. It totally cracks Nick and I up.
We often get out of church late on Sundays and treat ourselves to a quick lunch of tacos before Connor's nap. We have tried to teach him how to eat a taco properly, but he always eats it this way: upside down,nibbling his way across as though it were corn on the cob.
He is so funny!




No comments:
Post a Comment