Saturday, February 25, 2012

January Goals Revisted

At the time of this post on my January goals, I knew I was pregnant. But the really bad pregnancy symptoms hadn't hit me full force yet. So I was still stupidly optimistic. Things quickly changed for the remainder of January. My new goals each day were more along these lines:

1. Try to get out of bed each morning without throwing up.

2. Try to make breakfast without throwing up.

3. Sit on couch for 3 hours watching PBS, try not to throw up, try not to fall back asleep

4. Drag self into kitchen, try to clean up dishes. Fix lunch, force self to eat. Try not to throw up.

You get the idea. This has been the WORST first trimester EVER! My morning sickness was so bad I finally got a prescription anti-nausea medication from my OB. 

Now that I am in trimester #2, I am feeling so much better. I was able to look back at my original list and see I did accomplish a few things.

1. Complete yearly doctor appointments (already scheduled!)

2. Get eye exam and new contacts

3. Get a hair cut (already scheduled!)

4. Make homemade yogurt again (totally slacked off on this last year!)

5. Make kefir

6. Sign Connor up for at least one toddler class at the zoo or nature center

7. Sign up for new bible study at church
Not bad right? 
I didn't make kefir because my friend who is sending me free kefir grains is having her 6th baby and it's been hard for her to mail them off to me. Since I was feeling miserable myself, I just let it go. I may or may not hold out for her to send them to me later. May just buy some. We'll see.
I did at least look into classes for Connor. There are several good possibilities, I just didn't want to commit to any dates until I knew I was feeling much better. Lucky for both Connor and I, the bible study I signed up for is really more of a church playgroup. The kids all play while us moms visit and do a devotional. It's been a good compromise although I do want to get into a more in-depth study, for now I am happy to be making connections with other moms at church and Connor is getting a chance to play with other kids each week.
Now that I am feeling more human again, I really need to come up with goals for March. It looks like February is all about playing catch up, getting back to a normal routine now that Mommy is feeling better. I am certainly looking at this years goals in a different light now that we are expecting a new baby! 
 

1 comment:

Karen Butterworth said...

You are so amazing. I need some of your mojo! :)