Sunday, February 5, 2012

When Mommy is Away...

I can't believe how many funny things Connor did/said while Nick was away. It gave me plenty of stories to tell Nick each night when he called. :)

One afternoon after Connor's nap, we sat on the floor in the living room doing puzzles and playing. After awhile it was starting to get dark and I needed to take the trash out to be picked up early the next morning and then start dinner. I told Connor to keep playing and explained I was going to move the trash can out to the street. I told him he could watch through the window.

Our trash is kept on the back patio and we have to wheel it through the garage to the street. Usually this is done by Nick. I had a hard time doing it alone and could not get it to fit between our cars. So I came back inside and told Connor I needed to move my car for a minute and that I was not leaving. I thought he'd worry seeing me drive off withnout him. HA! Yeah right...

I backed my car out into the driveway and saw Connor in the window waving and yelling "bye!". I waved back, moved the trash can and got back into my car to pull it back into the garage. I noticed Connor was no longer looking out the window.

I got back inside and there he was, on the couch watching TV! The little turkey managed to find the remote and turn on one of his shows and was sitting there happily. I had to laugh. He hadn't been at all worried about me getting into the car without him! On the contrary, I believe he thought I was leaving for awhile and he was going to party on his own while he had the chance.

What a turkey! :)

No comments: