Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Bedtime

I love our bedtime routine with Connor. It hasn't changed much since he was a baby...it's still blissfully simple and sweet.

After bath and teeth brushing, we get a bottle of warm milk and settle in to relax.

Now that he has a twin bed, I like bedtime a lot more because we can snuggle on his bed together and read a couple of books. We turn on a CD of instrumental-only hymns and sit back to read.



His favorite books to read at night were given to us by my mom recently. One is "Mama, will you hold my hand?" and "I Love You Forever". Connor loves them!


His new "thing" is to make fish lips. He loves to give kisses but still hasn't mastered the art of a true big pucker. His idea of puckering up or making fish lips is to simply smack his lips. It's pretty funny. Here he is attempting to send a kiss out into cyberspace for his grandparents:






 my snuggle bug!

Once it's time to sleep, Connor gets his milk and he is insistent on remaining a baby in this regard. He always tells us "you hold it!". 

Then he's off to sleep! That CD of hymns is so relaxing, it almost puts me to sleep while I'm in there!

Good night :)


No comments: