I'd been really excited about visiting NORAD. Every time we pass the "forbidden" exit ramp on the freeway, I'd think "Yay, we get to go in!".
Unfortunately, when the day finally arrived it was all kind of anti-climatic. We got in and the guards at the gate let us go through quickly after checking our IDs against their list. We didn't even get a visitors pass. Boo! The park itself was only about a mile inside the base. So, we didn't see anything exciting or top secret and we did not get to go through the tunnel into he mountain.
Sad, isn't it?
Therefore, I found it very important to photograph anything that looked remotely exciting:
The park was beautiful and very nicely maintained. Strangely though, the kids' playground area was surrounded with rattlesnake warnings signs. I realized later that perhaps these were fake signs designed to keep us from poking our noses into really cool, top secret military STUFF.
That's my theory anyway. It's making me feel a little better about this.
I wasn't feeling good at all on this day, which added to my disappointment. But, Connor had an absolute blast playing. He ran up and down hills, played with the soccer and footballs, and enjoyed being fed cookies and other goodies by all of the well-meaning women at the picnic. I honestly don't know that this kid has ever had so much sugar in one day.
![]() |
| The park is called Mountain Man Park. This here is the Mountain Man (and Connor) |
![]() | ||
| diaper changing :) |
![]() |
| I was laying on my stomach taking pictures. Connor points to me and ordered "Mommy, sit on your butt!" |
![]() |
| a view of Colorado Springs below |
As usual, Nick's coworkers were great to hang out with. Overall, it was a really nice day.





















1 comment:
Gee, not going inside the mountain means you can't confirm or deny the internet conspiracy theories about the Stargate. ;)
Post a Comment