One thing is true: absence does make the heart grow fonder. By the time the day arrived for us to go home, I could not wait to run off that plane to my husband!
The first week back was true bliss. I felt constantly happy and thankful that our family was back together. As much as I love my parents and brothers and extended family, my heart is with my husband and I felt incomplete without him.
Connor was thrilled to see Daddy again, yet also confused about where we were for a few days. He kept looking up from his playing and suddenly asking "Where's Grandma? Where's Grandpa? Where's Jonas?"
One very early morning during our first week back home, Connor woke up crying. I was in a deep sleep, still catching up from all my sleepless nights in AZ. So Nick got up to tend to Connor, then brought him back into bed with us. I remember seeing Connor laying there between us, then I fell asleep again.
When I woke up a few hours later, Connor was cuddled in Nick's arms. He was holding his cat and Piglet, Nick was holding Connor's little hand in his. It was a sweet and touching sight, so much so that I had to get a picture. I took this in the dark without a flash, so it's very fuzzy but I still love it so much:
![]() |
| My blessings! |

No comments:
Post a Comment