Here are a few new pictures of the new place. I finally got a few of my favorite pictures hung on the wall, but for a lot of the bare walls I have another project planned!
The kitchen! I am loving it. It's such a nice size: not too small but not too big. I can clean it all up quickly every day but still cook in there with Connor and Nick underfoot and it's not too annoying. :P
The dining area. Not too exciting I know. Blank wall: future photo project! Coming soon...
I'm so dorky, but I just love my little plants. :)
It's really tough having to climb up so high to use my microwave! Just kidding...this place actually came with a microwave built into the cabinet above the stove. So ours had to be stored...um, in plain sight apparently. Nick says he put it up there so we won't forget it when we move again. :)
My birthday is next week and I've been surprised by a couple of early gifts already. My friend Tammy sent me this apron and I love it. Connor loves it too, he comes over and stares at the cupcakes and then asks for one. :) So...perhaps I ought to invest in a 2nd apron that is covered with vegetables?? Just an idea... :)
Connor has been super awesome, playing happily with his toys and not asking to go out into the no-longer-existent back yard. Hopefully getting out for walks has helped with that, and every once in awhile he simply asks if we can go get in the car. :)
Connor likes all the apartment complex activity. He enjoys hanging out on the patio to see what's going on outside. One day, a guy was working under his car right in front of our patio. Connor watched, totally engrossed, for a long time. He gave me a loud, running commentary and he was VERY excited to report that the car had an engine just like his toy cars. :) Hopefully the guy outside was amused and not annoyed with his little audience. :)
I am appreciating how quickly and easily I can clean my house each day. Would you believe I have actually cleaned the bathrooms twice in one week?? I know, I am shocked too. I just have so much more time now!
I'm also enjoying having a large bathroom again. We have so much cupboard space that the counter isn't cluttered with stuff. AND I have a bath tub! I have nothing against walk-in showers, but boy have I missed just having the option to soak in a hot bath at the end of a hard day. I promised myself I'd indulge in this relaxation once a week now.
That is, if Josie will let me have a turn in the tub! :)
Overall, things are going well here and we're settling in nicely. So thankful God provided for us so well!
3 comments:
If I say I'm suffering from kitchen envy, does it make me a horrible person?
No, but why? You have a house. :)
Yes, but you have a bigger kitchen with more counter space. I am in desperate need of counter space.
Post a Comment