Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Easter Egg Hunt #1

Connor is a lucky kid; he gets to celebrate Easter for basically 3 weeks. Fort Carson hosted their annual Easter egg hunt and celebration this past Saturday. We have no idea why they chose to have it so early, but we went anyway. It was really cold and windy, but Connor still had fun.







Indoors, there were a ton of booths with crafts and other goodies. Connor made a paper bunny and watched a magic show. There was a long, long, long line to get a picture taken with the Easter bunny which we totally skipped. :) It was more fun visiting the small petting zoo where they had some real bunnies:



The baby goats were adorable!


Connor went straight over to this big costumed chicken, yet didn't seem particularly excited about it. He did give him a high-five though:

Next weekend, Nick is taking Connor to another Easter egg hunt at the nature center. That one ought to be really fun since they hide eggs all over a 3/4 mile trail. So the kids will get to be outdoors, take a nice walk and find eggs too. I'm sad I'll have to skip that event, but I am so big and uncomfortable that there is no way I can go on such a long walk.

Easter is my mom's very favorite holiday and she goes all out with hiding eggs and putting together baskets and a special meal. I'm so glad she's here to make Easter super fun for Connor since I'm basically a useless lump at this point. I can't wait to watch Connor have fun though. :)

No comments: