I was a little worried that Connor might shun another Piglet, but he loved her at first sight:
We named her Mrs. Piglet and Connor really liked that idea. He easily accepted that his Piglet was now married and had a new partner in life.
One night during story and bed time, I made the mistake of calling Mrs. Piglet by the wrong name. I have no idea why...blame it on my pregnancy brain, but I blurted out "Here is Piglet's girlfriend!". Connor was appalled. He said "Mommy, that's MRS Piglet! That's Piglet's wife!". Obviously this marriage commitment is very serious. Connor then proceeded to sit the happy couple next to each and make them hold hands, hug and kiss. It was very sweet. :)
So apparently Connor is figuring out relationships. He knows Nick and I are married, he's seen wedding pictures. But we haven't talked a lot about it. He's a boy, not a girl, so nothing he's into watching or reading really discusses weddings. Unlike other 3 year old girls I know that are obsessed with weddings, wedding dresses, etc. One day Connor walked in after his nap to the tail end of a movie my mom and I were watching. He saw Julia Roberts dressed as a bride and exclaimed "Mommy, that lady looks like you!'.
We had a good laugh over that! :) It was sweet, and marriage seemed to stay on Connor's brain. A few days later, Nick and Connor and I were out to lunch. Connor spoke up out of the blue suddenly and declared "Mommy, you need to get married!".
I played along. "Okay, who should I marry?" Thinking Connor would say Daddy. But no...
"You should marry Grandma!"
"Um, Grandma is already married to Grandpa."
"You should marry ME Mommy!"
"You're my son, I can't marry you."
"I am not your son, I'm Connor! I'm a boy!"
Meanwhile poor Nick is sitting across from us in the booth looking like the dejected Bachelor #3.
I finally suggested "How about Daddy?"
Connor brightened like that was the greatest idea ever. "YES, you should marry Daddy Mommy!!"
Okay, that works out great since we're already married. We told him we had to get married first before we had babies. :)
I think it's interesting that most of the relationships Connor is aware of are marriages. He really has no concept of what a boyfriend or girlfriend is, so it's no wonder he was so insistent on the marriage of Mr. and Mrs. Piglet!
No comments:
Post a Comment