If you haven't already read it, Karen wrote up a great post about New Years resolutions and goals. She makes a lot of good points there that I won't reiterate except to agree that setting specific goals is a much better idea than general resolutions like wanting to lose weight. One year a friend of mine broke her goals down into monthly goals and that is what I want to do. It seems lots of people are doing that actually! I really like this post by Money-Saving Mom on her goals for 2012: http://moneysavingmom.com/2012/01/my-goals-for-2012.html
I'm still trying to break things down into reasonable time frames. This month I decided to get the superficial type things done and over with. At the beginning of each year we find ourselves needing to get things like eye and dental appointments done. And since I only get my hair cut once or twice a year, I decided to tackle that as well.
Here is my list for January; hopefully soon I'll get my yearly goals posted. The monthly goal method works well too because you can follow up on things the following month. My friend did that and I liked it; some things she completed and some she didn't but for accountability sake she posted on how things went and I plan to do that too.
Taking 1-2 goals per week can fill the month up fast. I tried to pick 1-2 things from my personal list, family stuff, and house stuff.
January Goals:
(Not in any particular order of importance)
1. Complete yearly doctor appointments (already scheduled!)
3. Get a hair cut (already scheduled!)
4. Make homemade yogurt again (totally slacked off on this last year!)
5. Make kefir
6. Sign Connor up for at least one toddler class at the zoo or nature center
7. Sign up for new bible study at church
1 comment:
Please let me know how the kefir goes!!
Post a Comment